Flood Cleanup Michigan

Ridding Your Home of Harmful, Damaging Mold

Moisture and humidity inside your home creates the perfect breeding ground for mold. And, to make things worse, you could have a serious mold problem inside your house and not even know it. This is because mold can grow virtually anywhere – behind walls, under floor boards and inside closets and crawl spaces. In other words, mold has a way of growing inside your house in those places that you never check. And, when not dealt with, mold spreads quickly throughout your home and slowly destroys walls, floors and ceilings.

If you suspect that mold is growing in your home because you smell it or see it, you should get in touch with a mold remediation company asap. This type of company is able to analyze the mold damage and find the origin of the growth, deal with it and then remove and dispose of contaminated materials. It is never recommended to tackle a mold problem yourself – especially if you suspect the problem is widespread. A mold remediation company has the right equipment and know-how to make your home mold-free and safe to live in. The skilled personnel working at such a firm uses heavy-duty dehumidifiers, HEPA vacuums and special cleaning agents to properly clean and disinfect your home.

If you have a moisture problem inside your home or if you smell a musty odor, it is likely that you have a mold problem. If you notice that surfaces are discolored, that too is a sign of mold. It is important to know that mold cannot grow without moisture so it is very important to dry wet or moist areas within forty-eight hours to prevent mold from growing. This means if you have a leak or a flood inside your home, it is essential to completely dry and sanitize the affected area immediately.

While not all mold is harmful, some molds are very dangerous and can cause serious illness in both humans and animals. People with allergies and asthma are very susceptible to mold. Nearly anyone can develop health problems when exposed to high concentrations of mold for long periods of time.

It is never advisable to ‘take chances’ when you suspect that you have mold growing inside your home. If you have a continuously runny nose, watery eyes and a scratchy throat and do not have a cold, you could be showing symptoms of hidden toxic mold inside your home. There are mold test kits available on the market that can be used to determine if there is mold inside your home. If you use a test kit and it indicates that there is mold present, contact a mold remediation company quickly so that a full assessment of the mold problem can be done.

Flood Cleanup Michigan